Tuesday, August 17, 2010

"my Shepherd will supply my need"

Heather sang a duet with Jenny S. in Sacrament Meeting on Sunday.  I accompanied on the piano, and Tricia B. provided a violin accompaniment as well.  It's a beautiful song.  The words are by Isaac Watts; the tune is by Joseph Funk; this arrangement is by Craig McQueen.  There was such a sweet spirit in the room.  Click on this player to hear this lovely song:

       

                       
   
Powered by Podbean.com

My Shepherd will supply my need;
Jehovah is His name.
In pastures fresh He makes me feed,
Beside the living stream.
He brings my  wand'ring spirit back,
When I forsake His ways;
And leads me, for His mercy's sake,
In paths of truth and grace.

When I walk through the shades of death
Thy presence is my stay;
One word of Thy supporting breath
Drives all my fears away.
Thy hand, in sight of all my foes,
Doth still my table spread;
My cup with blessings overflows,
Thine oil anoints my head.

The sure provisions of my God
Attend me all my days;
O may Thy house be my abode,
And all my work be praise.
There would I find a settled rest,
While others go and come;
No more a stranger, nor a guest,
But like a child at home.
   

2 comments:

rachel said...

such talent!
gorgeous voices.
<3

Eryn said...

Loved it! It was so beautiful. Wait, I think I heard my kids screaming in the background...